skifreak24
5 posts

Clock
Page Counter
8.11 FOV fix
Forum » Gaming Info » World of Tanks
[E-WAR] RifleDropper 13th Feb 2014

Likes 321

If you are like me and have a relatively new (last 6-8 years) monitor then it's likely a 16:9 or 16:10 monitor, rather than the older, more square 4:3 aspect ratio, you are likely to notice the new 65° FOV (Field of View) changed from 100° or so. It seems the larger your monitor is and the closer you are to it are the factors involved, but you may begin to suffer headaches, nausea, blurred vision, etc. The guys at WG have already realized their error, and said a hotfix is on the way. In version 9.0 it will be an option in the settings. Until then there is a mod you can use to make it like it was before.

FOV Fix ← ← ← Download and info.

The above pic shows the difference. The red box is what you can see now at 65° FOV and the entire picture is what you used to be able to see at 100° FOV.

Instructions are on the download page, but basically you copy the file to your ..\res_mods\0.8.11\gui folder. The file already has 16:9 FOV, but if you want to change it he provides a link to a tool to calculate your Vert and Hor FOV values. In the comments a guy explains that he tried many values, found a FOV value of 100° and the Hor FOV of 74° to make it look most like it did in 8.10, and I agree. Looks fine on mine. You need to use an editor that supports 'utf-8', like Notepad++.

I highlighted the important parts in the pic.

Forum » Gaming Info » World of Tanks
Please login or register to reply.
Chat Box
Web Traffic